1. Publicly advertised NIOSH-Approved Spirometry (2.5 days) and NIOSH-Approved Spirometry Refresher Courses (1 day) are taught in Pittsburgh, PA several times each year.
Courses are approved for CME for physicians, nurses, and respiratory therapists.
• OSHA standards, ANSI Z88.6-2006, and new ATS Spirometry Guidelines,
• spirometry technique and testing errors,
• measuring the spirogram: FVC, FEV1, BTPS correction, repeatability,
• interpreting test results - obstructive and restrictive impairment patterns,
• spirometer calibration and calibration checks, and
• types of spirometers: pluses and minuses
On-Site courses are also available and can be device-specific for your company, covering essential information on test performance, calibration checks, and the reporting of results. On-site courses can provide savings and focused training for all organizations. The classes eliminate travel time, and travel and overnight lodging costs for each attendee. A minimum number of students is recommended. Call to discuss your facility's customized training at 412-343-9946.
2. Half-day or shorter workshops and lectures can be presented on Real-World Spirometry: Pitfalls and Interpretation.
3. QA reviews of PFT graphs can be performed for clinics and company medical departments.
4. Corporate policies and procedures related to spirometry testing, e.g. medical surveillance and respirator medical clearance programs, can be reviewed. These reviews can be conducted on-site or remotely.
5. Telephone consultation can be conducted to set spirometer configurations for optimal PFTs, adhering to ATS/ERS and OSHA requirements and recommendations.
6. Consultations can be arranged to interface spirometers with medical data base management programs.
References available upon request.